Underfloor heating from Nu-Heat
Warm water underfloor heating is a highly effective and efficient method of heating that is suitable for a wide range of projects, whether a new build, renovation or single area.
The benefits of underfloor heating (UFH)
Warm water UFH (also known as ‘wet underfloor heating’) is unlike any other heating system.
- Highly efficient
Warm water UFH uses far lower flow temperatures than a traditional radiator system, and because it covers a much larger surface area it is still able to heat the room effectively. For this reason, UFH is around 25% more efficient than an equivalent radiator system
- Perfectly suited to open plan living
UFH is an ‘invisible’ heating system as the tube is hidden beneath the floor. This frees up precious wall space, ideal for open plan living and rooms such as kitchens where space is at a premium
UFH has no exposed hot or sharp edges – a safe option for young children and the elderly. It is also a good choice for allergy sufferers or anyone with asthma as the warmth provided is free from draughts and dust movements that can aggravate these conditions
- Luxuriously comfortable
With UFH, the heat gently emits upwards from the floor. This gives the luxurious feel of warm feet and a cool head without any cold spots or draughts common with radiator systems. UFH also warms any usually cold floor coverings, such as tiles or engineered wood
Watch our helpful guide
Watch Rachel, one of our experienced Technical Account Managers, talk through everything you need to know about warm water underfloor heating, including:
- How UFH is installed
- How warm water UFH compares to radiators
- The benefits UFH offers
- Which projects UFH is best suited to
- A run through of the most popular UFH systems, showing you what they look like and explaining how they are installed
- How Nu-Heat designs a bespoke heating solution
- The best way to control an UFH system
If you still have any questions, or want to talk to one of our experts about the right UFH solution for your project, you can call us on 01404 540650.
Choosing the right underfloor heating system
Warm water UFH is suitable for virtually any type of property and can be paired with a wide range of floor coverings. We’ve listed a few of our most popular solutions by project type:
For a new build
UFH is both cost-effective and simple to install as part of a new build project, fitting neatly into the build schedule. Screed UFH is the most common system choice in this scenario. The heating tube is clipped through a polythene slip layer into standard insulation before the screed is poured.
For a renovation
There’s no need to spend time or money digging up floors with Nu‑Heat’s LoPro™ range of retrofit UFH. Both systems are simply laid directly on top of an existing floor and offer the lowest height build‑ups and the highest heat outputs on the market.
The LoPro™ solutions make UFH a realistic heating replacement for thousands of renovation projects and LoPro™Max is also available as a single room kit, great for kitchens or conservatories.
For joisted floors
Nu‑Heat offers a range of UFH solutions for projects where there are joisted floors. Simply feed the heating tube through pre-notched or drilled joists and then push into the patented ClippaPlate™ fixing system to hold it securely in place and flush with the floor for effective heat transfer.
For single areas
If you are looking to install UFH in one single area, such as a kitchen, then choose one of Nu‑Heat’s OneZone™ systems.
These complete kits can be bought direct from our online webstore and include everything required to install a high quality warm water UFH system in a single space.
Three of our most popular systems are available as OneZone™: Screed for new build extensions; Floating for first floors or renovations that can tolerate some height build-up; and LoPro™Max for a wide range of renovation projects where height build-up and heat output are important considerations.
Why choose Nu‑Heat?
Nu‑Heat has been designing and supplying warm water underfloor heating for coming up to 25 years. Our systems are all designed in‑house to meet specific needs and every project, regardless of size, is overseen by our experts from start to finish. We are committed to offering every customer:
- Genuine, helpful advice and a high level of support. Our experts are here to help you throughout, from the initial stages of choosing the right solution, right through to post‑installation technical support. Your Technical Account Manager will oversee the project and aside from speaking with us over the phone you are also able to visit us in the office, or we can send one of our experienced team out to meet you on site
- High quality heating solutions. Nu‑Heat uses the highest quality, tried and tested components for our UFH and renewable systems and our in-house Product Development Team is continuously working to ensure that we offer the very best heating solutions in the market
- A bespoke approach. Each Nu‑Heat heating system is meticulously designed to warm each room in a property to the desired temperature, both maximising comfort and minimising energy consumption. We achieve this high level of performance by creating a bespoke system design for every project