Many people opt for electric UFH to warm rooms with tiles, such as kitchens, bathrooms or wet rooms.
Nu-Heat’s ElectroMat® OneZone® is an easy-to-fit electric UFH kit that can cover floor areas of up to 18m².
Electric underfloor heating pros and cons
Is electric underfloor heating right for your project? If you are looking to benefit from the feeling of UFH in a single, smaller room, then it could be.
Electric underfloor heating pros
- Electric UFH kits are affordable, meaning you can enjoy the benefits of UFH in a single room without much upfront cost.
- It provides a high heat output to warm hard floor coverings, such as tiles, in a kitchen or bathroom.
- Electric UFH is simple to install and is fitted directly over the existing floor, meaning minimal mess.
Electric underfloor heating cons
- It costs far more to run than warm water UFH. This is the main reason it is best suited to single rooms rather than a whole house heating solution. An electric UFH system can cost around 3x more to run than warm water UFH paired with a gas boiler.
Looking to install UFH in a large space, or in a few rooms? Warm water UFH is likely to be a better option.
ElectroMat® electric underfloor heating kit
An ideal solution for kitchens, bathrooms and wet rooms, Nu-Heat’s ElectroMat® kits include everything you need to install electric underfloor heating in a single room.
Why choose ElectroMat®?
- ElectroMat® is quick and simple to install.
- The de-coupling membrane holds the heating cable in place and enables tiles to be laid directly on top without risk of cracking.
- Offers a high heat output for warmth underfoot.
- When using sealing tape, ElectroMat® is completely waterproof, making it easy to create a wet room.
Want help finding the right underfloor heating solution?
We would love to speak with you to discuss your project. If you have a question about your existing Nu-Heat system, our technical support team are at hand.