High-end conversion of a former commercial property in Kingston-upon-Thames
|Project type:||Conversion of a former commercial building to create six luxury apartments|
|Property value:||Average apartment value £560,000|
|Requirements:||Upper floors – Bespoke, high-performance, low-profile underfloor heating solution with meeting Part E acoustic requirements
Ground floor – High heat output screed underfloor heating
|Solution:||Upper floors – AcoustiPanel®14 (combined underfloor heating and acoustic floor deck for suspended timber floors)
Ground floor – SC14 (hand-laid screed underfloor heating)
|Total UFH area:||555.3m2|
|Developer:||Zibi & Jack|
|Project schedule:||March – November 2016|
Nu-Heat were tasked with the design and supply of a bespoke underfloor heating (UFH) system for the conversion of Sutherland House, a former commercial building in Kingston-upon-Thames. The property has undergone extensive conversion to create six, centrally located, luxury apartments. The apartments are situated within walking distance of Norbiton mainline railway station, providing direct access to London Waterloo.
Increased insulation levels in the property had already raised the previous floor level, so it was imperative that the UFH was low-profile, whilst also providing a reduction in airborne and impact noise between apartments.
- Fully designed underfloor heating system;
- Low-profile to maintain ceiling height;
- Deliver a reduction in airborne and impact noise between floors;
AcoustiPanel®14 for upper floors
Nu-Heat specified and supplied AcoustiPanel®14 for the first and second floor apartments, 366.2m2 in total. This low-profile, high-performance underfloor heating system offers independently-tested outstanding acoustic performance, significantly reducing airborne and impact noise between apartments. AcoustiPanel®14 is ideal for Sutherland House, as its ultra-smooth surface is ideal for its luxury, contemporary floor finishes.
- Underfloor heating and acoustic performance in a single solution
- Installed directly over the structural floor deck
- Fully tailored design incorporating bespoke, interlocking tongue and groove panels for optimal heating and pipework layouts
- Fast heat transfer and high performance heat output of up to 96W/m2
- Can assist in exceeding Part E requirements when correctly installed as part of an acoustic floor cassette
- Ultra-smooth, low deflection surface, ideal for high quality floor finishes including large format tiles
- Just 31mm total height build up before the final floor finish
- Independently tested acoustic and deflection load performance
- Full design performance indemnity
- Can achieve up to 3 BREEAM credits when correctly installed as part of an acoustic floor cassette
SC14 screed UFH for the ground floor
189.1m2 of Nu-Heat’s SC14 screed underfloor heating was specified for the ground floor level accommodation of Sutherland House. The system consists of 14mm FastFlo® UFH tube held in place by Cliptrack, topped with a layer of hand-laid sand and cement screed.
- High heat output
- Flexible 14mm FastFlo® tube
- Straightforward installation process
- Cost-effective solution
System information and project advice
Nu-Heat offers help and support throughout all stages of your UFH and acoustic flooring project. We take pride in designing and delivering bespoke systems that meet exacting project requirements and client demands.
Use our expertise to confidently specify tailored UFH and acoustic solutions that are backed by free, lifetime, technical system support for your client.