All warm water underfloor heating systems use some form of tube in order to circulate the water to emit an even heat into a property. As the UFH tube is often set within the floor it needs to be strong, flexible, and be resistant to high temperatures to give a long-life, reliable solution.
In this post, we are taking a closer look at our Fastflo™ tube to explain its key features and why these are important for use in an UFH system.
Fastflo™ PE-Xc tube
Nu-Heat’s Fastflo™ tube is a PE-Xc pipe. It is extremely strong and cannot be damaged easily – it would have to be physically punctured on-site to suffer from a leak.
PE-Xc is a high-density polyethylene tube that is made up of five individual layers before being physically cross-linked. Cross-linking is essential as it enables the tube to remain strong whilst being flexible, helping to prevent kinking or damage to the tube during installation.
Just a few benefits of Fastflo™ tube:
- High resistance to impact during installation
- Corrosion-free for a reliable and long service life
- Resistant to high temperatures and high pressures that exceed well in excess of the requirements for any UFH system
- Highly flexible making it simple to install around the numerous turns typical in an UFH design
- Light, easy to handle and uncoil
- Backed by a 10 year insurance-backed warranty
- Guaranteed for a further 40 years against defects in material and workmanship
- Quality assured to ISO9001 and designed to the highest European industry standards; DIN16892 and CIN4726
A superior warranty
Although the majority of UFH tube in the market is the same, many come with different warranties ranging from a couple of years to full lifetime warranties. Different warranties offering varying levels of cover, although this isn’t always clear.
At Nu-Heat, our Fastflo™ tube comes with a 10-year insurance-backed warranty. The benefit of this is that in the unlikely event that the tube fails, this warranty covers not only the replacement of the UFH tube, but all of the remedial work required to remove the existing tube and install a new system, potentially saving thousands of pounds that many other warranties do not cover.
To find out more about Nu-Heat’s UFH systems, visit our floor constructions page or call our team on 01404 540650.