Nu-Heat was asked to assist with a high-end conversion of a former dairy complex in Finchley, London, to create a boutique development of nine luxury apartments.
- Project type: Conversion of a former dairy complex around a central courtyard to nine luxury apartments
- Project location: Finchley, London
- Property value: Average apartment value £500,000
- Total UFH area: 540m
- Contractor: Apollo Interiors
- Client: Fruition Properties
- Project schedule: Winter 2016 – Summer 2017
Nu-Heat were tasked with the design and supply of a bespoke underfloor heating (UFH) system for the conversion of Cornwall Works, a former dairy complex in Finchley. The complex, which has also been used as a publishing house in more recent times, has been sympathetically converted into eight contemporary apartments and a luxury penthouse with its own terrace, all of which overlook a gated courtyard.
The UFH had to be low-profile in order to maintain the existing architecture and ceiling height of the building, whilst also providing a reduction in airborne and impact noise between apartments.
- Fully designed underfloor heating system;
- Low-profile to maintain ceiling height;
- Deliver a reduction in airborne and impact noise between floors;
AcoustiPanel®14 for the upper floors
Nu-Heat specified and supplied AcoustiPanel®14 for all the upper floor apartments and penthouses, 318m2 in total. This low-profile, high-performance underfloor heating system offers independently-tested outstanding acoustic performance, significantly reducing airborne and impact noise between apartments. AcoustiPanel®14 is ideal for Cornwall Works, as its ultra-smooth surface is ideal for the its luxury, contemporary floor finishes.
- Underfloor heating and acoustic performance in a single solution
- Installed directly over the structural floor deck
- Fully tailored design incorporating bespoke, interlocking tongue and groove panels for optimal heating and pipework layouts
- Fast heat transfer and high performance heat output of up to 96W/m2
- Can assist in exceeding Part E requirements when correctly installed as part of an acoustic floor cassette
- Ultra-smooth, low deflection surface, ideal for high quality floor finishes including large format tiles
- Just 31mm total height build up before the final floor finish
- Independently tested acoustic and deflection load performance
- Full design performance indemnity
- Can achieve up to 3 BREEAM credits when correctly installed as part of an acoustic floor cassette
SC14 screed UFH for the ground floor
222m2 of Nu-Heat’s SC14 screed underfloor heating was specified for the ground floor level accommodation of Cornwall Works. The system consists of 14mm FastFlo® UFH tube held in place by Cliptrack, topped with a layer of hand-laid sand and cement screed.
- High heat output
- Flexible 14mm FastFlo® tube
- Straightforward installation process
- Cost-effective solution
System information and project advice
Nu-Heat offers help and support throughout all stages of your UFH and acoustic flooring project. We take pride in designing and delivering bespoke systems that meet exacting project requirements and client demands.
Use our expertise to confidently specify tailored UFH and acoustic solutions that are backed by free, lifetime, technical system support for your client.