Renewable Heat Incentive
One of the big appeals of a renewables system, aside from reducing environmental impact and potential savings on fuel bills, is that the installation cost can be offset by applying for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme.
What is the Renewables Heat Incentive (RHI)?
The Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive helps eligible households to offset the cost of their renewable installation. The scheme offers quarterly payments to homeowners over a seven-year period, based on estimates of the property’s annual heating consumption.
Potential payments from the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme
Renewable Heat Incentive Eligibility
In order to be eligible for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, the property and renewable system must meet certain criteria.
- The product itself, whether a heat pump or a solar thermal system, must be approved under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
- The installation of the system must also adhere to strict MCS guidelines.
This ensures that the renewable system is installed to a high standard and operates efficiently.
Supporting you to qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive
We can help you to benefit from the Renewable Heat Incentive, whether you’re a homeowner hoping to receive payments, or a heating engineer wanting to install a compliant system.
- ✓ Nu-Heat’s heat pump and solar thermal range is MCS approved, meaning they are eligible for the RHI.
- ✓ We also provide commissioning support to ensure the system is installed to MCS standards and the relevant paperwork is completed. Commissioning packages are available for both MCS and non-MCS accredited installers.
Ofgem and gov.uk provides a range of useful materials to help you apply for and find out more about the Renewable Heat Incentive:
- An introduction to the Renewable Heat Incentive.
- The Renewable Heat Incentive – Domestic or Non-Domestic?
- Renewable Heat Incentive Calculator.
- Start your application through the Ofgem website.